Sunday, February 1, 2015

 Quite a few months ago I decided to treat myself to Karen Mordechai's Sunday Suppers.  After sitting on our bookshelf for way too long, I decided to make it my new year's mission to attempt a new recipe from its pages each week. It is only fitting that said adventures take place on Sunday. 
   
  Today started with me waking up three and a half hours before the alarm was scheduled to announce the beginning of our day.  Apparently my body was feeling fully recharged after just five hours of sleep. Walked to and from the gym, braved the ridiculously strong winds from a snowstorm that decided to pay us a visit since early last night, and once home decided to surprise Sean with my domestic skills. Actually, that last statement is funny because around here the title of chef de cousine goes to my sweet husband more often than not. I mostly just specialize in making all the cookies, cakes, pastries... you get the idea. Well, this recipe for fish tacos with avocado crema definitely makes me want to plan whole meals more often. I can assure you I will be saving this recipe for future reference. 

3 comments:

Devon said...

Beautiful pictures, as always. I've never had Avocado Crema. Or at least, I've never made it. It looks so flavorful, I bet it made those tacos something else.

I hope you've been enjoying winter where you are Mariel. I haven't seen the snow once yet and I'll admit I'm a little jealous of people who get to see it so often sometimes. Enjoy!

A girl named Nydia said...

this looks so delicious! loved the photos!

Nydia
www.agirl-namednydia.blogspot.com

Laura Mitbrodt said...

omg these look so yummy
xo
www.laurajaneatelier.com

All rights reserved / You may not take any images or content from this site without written permission.