Recent Posts

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Overcast with a Chance of Rain


Darlings,
 This weekend was absolutely marvelous.
S came down to visit and we decided that a 
train ride to the city was in order.

However, I learned a very valuable lesson.
NEVER trust the online weather forecast.

"Nope, I don't need a coat... the internet says that it's going to be 
nice and sunny today. I'll be golden"

Silly me.

Good thing S knows me better than I know myself and decided to bring his 
Fall coat knowing I would need it later. Hadn't it been for that 
I would've probably frozen half to death.

Despite not being ready for the frigidly cold, wet, and windy day 
in the city we still had the best of times.


We got to enjoy a train ride, a Ferris wheel ride, and walk (run?) in the rain.
It seriously doesn't get any more awesome than that.


12 comments:

Liesl said...

Such pretty pictures, I just love your eye with photography! Oh yes, internet weather...you sound like I used to be towards the weather channel back in college! :) Glad you had fun despite the rain!

Angie Bailey said...

Lovely shots! Also, rain is such perfection. <3 Jen and I were sitting down playing Axis & Allies and a storm opened up right above our house. Thunder, lightening and a HEAVY pour. LOVE IT!!!

Dianna said...

aww you look so happy darling, lovely shots!

DoublClik said...

Mariel, your angles and compositions are DIVINE in this post! I LOVE the swings shot, and however the hell you took your own picture in the reflection, PROPS to you! Such a nice layout

simplyvonne said...

great photos dear, i never really got to enjoy Chicago, we always pass it or would just go to china town to eat.

Amber said...

looks like you two had a nice time despite the dreary weather.

Cara said...

Hi sweet lady! Found your blog via Kendi Everyday and am SO GLAD that I did! I'm your newest follower. xoxo

Lisa Fly Rondo said...

ah what a beautiful day, i wanna go to chicago so bad. so glad you two are getting some fun quality time together. ps LOVE THESE PICS they all look amazing

Alexandra Durbin said...

Beautiful photos! And boy do I know what you mean about online forecasts - full of lies! Haha.

Dana @five30three said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog and following along. Glad to connect with another Chicago blogger.

- Dana @ five30three.com

Notes She Wrote said...

these pictures are awesome Mariel!! They remind me of that movie, The Vow! :)

and I would love to take your wedding pictures one day!! ;)


xoxo, Marie

tagabonds said...

Oh, man, I LOVE these photos! -A