I am seriously in love with my cookbook. Every time I look through it I am inspired to just grab my bowl and mixer and just get started. My latest inspiration was Almond Biscotti and it was so good I must share the recipe with you, dolls.
Don't they look heavenly?
2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon almond extract (I added this to the recipe)
2 egg whites (the original recipe says 2 egg yolks but I changed it up a bit)
6 tablespoons butter, melted
1 cup coarsely chopped almonds
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F and lightly grease two cookie sheets.
- In a bowl combine all the dry ingredients. Then make a well in the center of the mixture and add eggs, butter, and almond extract into the mixture. Stir until dough starts to form a ball.
- Add almonds and mix with hands (add some flour to hands so dough isn't too sticky)
- Divide dough into three equal portions.
- Shape each portion into a 14-inch-long loaf and place loaves about 3 inches apart on prepared cookie sheets. Flatten loaves slightly until about 1 1/2 inches wide.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until firm and light brown.
- Cool on cookie sheets for 15 minutes.
- Cut in slices and enjoy with a cup of coffee, or since is summer, a big cup of Gelato!
Photo by yours truly.