Today I had the chance to do my first recipe out of my amazing cookbook. I chose to make Ganache icing. But not without first making this delicious recipe for the cupcake's mix (I added almonds to the recipe, of course) and I was not disappointed.
- 1 cup of heavy whipping cream
- 12 ounces of bittersweet chocolate (chopped)
- In a medium saucepan bring whipping cream just to boiling over medium-high heat.
- Remove from heat
- Add chocolate (do NOT stir).
- Let it stand for 5 minutes and then stir until smooth.
- Cool for 15 minutes
- With a spoon slowly pour over cupcakes.