As of late, I've been growing quite obsessed with all things strawberry... Specially after buying over four pounds of them at the local market. After looking through my Pinterest for some creative ideas I came across this recipe I had saved almost a year ago. I did modify it a bit, but I can assure you these were one of the easiest and most delicious scones I have ever made.
3 c All-Purpose Flour
1 tbsp Baking Powder
1 tsp Salt
1/3 c Granulated Sugar
1 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
1/2 tsp Almond Extract
1 1/2 c Heavy Cream (+ some more to brush the top of the scones)
1 c Coarsely Chopped Strawberries
Diced Almonds (for topping)
Brown Sugar (For topping)
- Preheat over at 425 degrees F and line baking sheet with parchment paper. Set Aside.
- In a medium bowl whisk together all the dry ingredients (flour, sugar, salt, and baking powder)
- In a liquid measuring cup add the cream, vanilla and almond extract. Mix well.
- Drizzle the cream mixture into the dry ingredients tossing and stirring as you go.
- Add the strawberries and toss it all together.
- Add 2 more tablespoons of cream if necessary to create a moist and cohesive dough (make sure it is not sticky)
- Gently gather and knead the dough onto a lightly floured surface
- Press the dough out into a 3/4"- thick disk.
- Use a small biscuit cutter
- Brush each circle with the extra heavy cream and sprinkle generously with brown sugar
- Add almonds to as many of them as you wish
- Place one inch apart on the baking sheet and bake for 12 to 14 minutes (or until golden brown and cooked through)
Serve warm and enjoy!